August 24 – Update
- I said in the post “Trip Prep – Cape Reinga to Ahipara” yesterday that today I would be outlining the Ahipara to Paihia section of the track. Well, I can’t really be bothered working on that post tonight but I will knock something up in the next day or two.
– A few more sponsors have come onboard.
- Adventure Travel Magazine has come on as a media sponsor. They will be providing me with some coverage in the coming months. So that’s two magazines including Vegetarian Living.
- Vegan Backpacker want me to write something, before or after the trip, for their great vegan travel blog. Woop. It’s an awesome resource for vegan travellers. Check it. Especially this post on Sunday brunch at Cafe Vux in Berlin. My gosh, if the pictures don’t get even a carnivore drooling I don’t know what would!
- Fozzils, an popular outdoor tableware manufacturer, will be throwing in some flat-folding tableware which will keep my pack nice and light.
- Nakedbus.com have been generous enough to sponsor the trip with some transport at either end and maybe some accommodation.
- And finally, Ponsonby Backpackers have offered to be my “home base” whilst I am in Auckland sorting out logistics for the North Island. Thanks so much guys!